Sunday 14 August 2016

LETS USE MAH DOLLS YO

After I talked to Dane about my ideas, something major came out of the discussion.

What are you trying to say through this animation. 

Indeed, the prospect of using my passion for this project somehow clouded the purpose of the brief and the potential message that could be behind it. What eventually became clear is that customization says something about people, and says something about me. So my view shifted from "LETS USE MAH DOLLZ YO" to what customization and dressing up reveals about people. I found a few good writings on the subject, which I need to take time to read through, but I think I'm going somewhere with this "quest of identity" themed project.

Something to read:

Stranger than fiction: Fan identity in cosplay

The Social Psychology of Dress

Clothes of play: The psychology of fancy dress

!!!!Congratulations! you are the 9999th visitor! You win a bonus doll picture!!!!!!


*No animals were harmed in the making of this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment